Thursday, December 6, 2012

Castles/Forts


I brought Chase and Max to Fort Ethan Allen today.  This is a place that I went to a million bajillion times when we lived in the Old North End.  Dave and I would hike to the top, check out the view, and be on our way.  We rarely, if ever, stopped at the "castle".  It was crazy to see the place through Chase's eyes.  He couldn't really care less about the view of the lake but he thought the tower was the coolest thing ever.




It was easy to take the stroller up but I made a wrong decision to take a less well-traveled path on the way home.  Quickly, it turned rocky and rooty.  I had to taken Chase and Max out of the stroller, carry both boys a little way, leave them off, and return up the hill to carry the empty stroller down.  This ferrying technique went on for at least four of five "shuttles".  It was ridiculous.  




Luckily, we still made it to the top for a glimpse of the Adirondacks.


No comments:

Post a Comment